Thursday, July 28, 2011

Adventures in Potty Training

As the mother of twin 2 year old girls, my life is now nearly totally consumed by potty training. I am really starting to wonder if I should take up residence in the bathroom. As I finally got to shower at 2pm this afternoon, I was thinking about the things people never tell you about having toddlers. So I've decided to compile a list of a few that have taken me by surprise.

~Even though my kids are toddlers, a successful day may include feeding everyone AND getting a shower.
~I may get covered in poo
~I never thought I could be so proud of someone going potty in the potty chair
~I know the inside and out of the Disney Junior lineup
~I will get covered in poo
~Just because one twin is ready to potty train, doesn't mean the other one is interested
~Potty training with a pregnancy gag reflex is not smart
~I am not the only thing that will get covered in poo
~Children are amazing to watch
~They learn things even when I don't realize I am teaching them
~I didn't realize how many questions I could get in one day

I have also realized that I don't mind these things as much as I thought, because along with the "drop everything" bathroom runs and being a human jungle gym, I get to watch my beautiful girls grow, learn, and love.  I have this precious chance to admire how amazing God truly is!

No comments:

Post a Comment