Monday, March 26, 2012

Thoughts On Being A House Wife

Hello again! I apparently have an off again, on again (mostly off again) relationship with blogging.  I get ideas on what to put down, and then all of a sudden, it has been several months.  My husband keeps encouraging me to put my thoughts down and I decided today was a good day.  Today I have been thinking a lot about my life.  I should premise by saying I never ever, ever in my previous life wanted to be a stay-at-home mom.  I had decided that I paid all that money for college and was not going to "waste my time" at home.  This didn't change until after my girls were born and I went back to work.  I missed them, and being involved in daily activities.  My husband switched jobs and we moved to MT for many reasons, one of which being that we would have more time with the kids.  It has been a big adjustment.  We used to share most of the household duties pretty evenly.  We both cooked and cleaned, and it made sense because we had the same work hours.  I have had to adjust my thinking about not expecting him to do as much at home.  Don't get me wrong, my husband is a GREAT helper.  However, this is now my job and I had to get used to the duties.  It isn't always easy, but I don't want to sit here and complain.  Today I want to reflect on the good things.  I realized today that I am actually gratified by this.  I have enjoyed being with our children, but I didn't recognize that I relish the whole package.  I love being home with the kids, cleaning, cooking, and attending activities.  I have become one of "those moms" I never thought I would be.  I do dishes to relieve steam when I am angry, love teaching my children little things throughout the day, and experimenting in the kitchen.  In the last year, I have learned how to make homemade yogurt and bread and improved A LOT in the kitchen.  This is what I was thinking about while shaving a pork roast on my mandolin slicer for lunch meat.   A year ago, I would have eaten it for 3 night in a row and forgotten about it in the fridge.  I am proud to be a person that stays home and it is in no way a waste of time.  But I also need to acknowledge that I am unbelievable impressed by the role models in my life.  My mom and grandma still amaze me, they reached all of these milestones without technology.  I must confess, with out Google, my family would probably starve to death and we would all be going insane!  I know this was a lot about me, but I had to write this down while I was thinking about it.  Hopefully, this blog will be slightly better kept up in the future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment